Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I still can't quite believe it.


I still haven't gotten used to the idea that Booshy is finally no longer in control of the government. It's like when you wake up from a bad dream and that feeling of dread still clings to your brain. I suspect that there are a lot of folks who will not let loose of their hatred of the man for quite some time, which is the inspiration for this cartoon. The lawyers at Hustler said 'No way' to publishing this cartoon. Larry however said 'Yes', so in it goes. Do you think I have crossed some kind of line with this? Do you think I am putting the idea into the mind of a crazy out there who might actually make this a reality?
I don't feel I would be responsible for any attempts on his life. I'm just the artist, giving life to those subconscious thoughts that are out there already. I am putting them in the sunlight where we can confront and deal with emotions that sometimes we would rather avoid. It is a healthy process, although an uncomfortable one at times. Especially for moron ex-presidents.

No comments: